Is your home ready for a makeover, but your financial budget says “No” because the piggy bank is empty? Yeah, I know, right? All those furniture pieces we bought years ago really did look great in our homes, but now it’s time for an upgrade – out with the old and in with a new style of décor. Well, it is not that easy if you are like most of us who want the look we see on HGTV. I love watching all the home makeovers, dreaming about where I would place designer furniture and, of course, choosing the newest wall colors. I say to myself, “STOP DREAMING,” as I wake up to realize this is a 60 minute TV show with lots of money and sponsors to get the job done. Spending a lot of money to bring your drab, dated, humble abode to life need not break the bank account! It’s doable with patience and a “bargain eye” to find a purpose, or might I say re-purpose, for the items you already own. The results will be the look and style of décor you want, without going in debt. Yes, it does cost to do a home makeover, but I say, “Go for it!” You just need to know how to get what you want without running up the credit card.
Rules for the Bargain Eye to get the Designer Deals Today:
1. Get up early and catch the yard sales! Take your time to really look, and then start the negotiations. No one really wants to take all that stuff back inside.
2. Know when the thrift stores have their percentage-off sales, and get there early to claim the best purchases.
3. Get off of Facebook and check online do-it-yourself websites, tutorials, and YouTube videos for ideas that won’t break the bank; start a Pinterest account, and pin the items that interest you.
4. Buy material remnants. They are perfect for recovering pillows, banding drapes and comforters.
5. Don’t shy away from items that might need a little work such as painting, sanding, or just minor repairs.
6. Re-arrange what you already have; move things around to other rooms. Change it up!
7. Adding one new piece can make all the difference. Incorporate word art and wood décor to spruce up the look of your walls.
8. Get beautiful pieces for your home just by stepping out your front door? Tall birch tree limbs become art when propped against the wall.
9. Trade items with your friends and neighbors; swap and shop with each other.
10. De-clutter and organize.