Let’s start this spring off well! I am ready for some warm weather and the opportunity to get up and out without the cold temperatures. For those of us who made those wellness resolutions, you can get back on track. No excuses.
Here are a wellspring of options:
1. Spring clean and declutter your home. Don’t store it in the garage, just take it to Goodwill or have a yard sale. Disorganization makes it difficult to find items you need. Clutter can also cause one anxiety.
2. If the allergens bother you, then keep windows closed and rooms pet-free to limit your exposure. Also, try a neti pot for a natural method of nasal cleansing. Remember to track pollen counts.
3. Stay hydrated! Start carrying a water bottle with you. Infuse your water with fresh fruit. Keep some bottled water in the car so you are not tempted to make unwise choices.
4. Commit to making one new healthy recipe a week and eat it. Variety in your menu makes it easier to continue eat healthy.
5. Add healthy snacks to your purse or briefcase so you skip the vending machines and save money without feeling guilty later.
6. Eat more protein and good carbs and cut the sugar. It really works.
7. Walk, run, or just move…you will feel so much better. Wear a tracker or put the app on your cell phone. Aim for 10,000 steps a day.
8. Keep your brain active. Read a new book or complete a puzzle. Limit the TV.
9. Journal your activities and reflect for clarity.
10. Love yourself enough to detox your mind and body. Remember this is your personal house.
Until Next Time, Be Sincere, Kind and Intentional
Jackie Warner, Community Outreach Specialist
Check out upcoming events: Website: http://thebridge-us.yolasite.com/