By: Jackie Warner
Stop and collect your thoughts so that you move smart and not just move to the next task.
1. First things first! Take the time to review all required projects and tasks, identifying the deadlines. Complete this on paper or with an electronic device, so you truly see what you have on your plate.
2. Remember the big picture - Don’t get stuck in the weeds.
3. Take each item and determine purpose, complexity, timeframe, and urgency.
4. Draft out the plan of action to execute.
5. Track your time on tasks; are you able to break the tasks down?
6. Keep your schedule in front of you. Know where you are and what percentages have been completed.
7. Evaluate what really needs to remain on the list, and delegate what you can.
8. Change and Flexibility is key.
9. Learn how to say no.
10. Take advantage of your SMART Devices!
I would venture out to say that most of us have at least one smart device we use daily, paying $40 - $80 per month. Are we really getting the best use of it? So as we tackle those competing priorities, let’s be smart about it, and let our money work a little harder for us. If you haven’t used the following features on your smart devices as time-management tools, then it is time. This is just a start…
1. Calendar - Input your appointments and set up reminders.
2. Timer - Set your timer so you don’t get sidetracked when completing tasks.
3. Audio Recording - Instead of trying to remember everything, record and then play back when needed.
4. Banking - Who has time to stand in line or go to the teller machine? Do your banking online with just 2 clicks…
5. Shopping - Amazon, Walmart…the list is endless. No more bad customer service; you are in control.
6. News - Set up news links and Google alerts for the news and weather you need to know.
7. Screen Capture - Use your device to take a picture of what you see on the screen for use later.
Until Next Time, Be Sincere, Kind and Intentional
Jackie Warner, Community Outreach Specialist
Check out upcoming events: Website: http://thebridge-us.yolasite.com/